Leslie has now been crippled for a week, but you can hardly tell. Once she got her surgical shoe on Monday, she was a new girl. The hard part has been reminding her what she cannot do right now - jump on the trampoline, go to gymnastics, get her foot wet, etc.
We were supposed to go back to the podiatrist today to get a new bandage, but I got a call that our appointment had to be rescheduled till Monday because he got called out on emergency surgery. This meant that I had to change the bandage myself... YUCK!
Before we dressed it again, we took a few pictures, which I will post below:
It's not as bad as it looks. The purple in between her toes is not bruising. It's some purple stuff (gentian violent?) the doctor put on there that helps cut down on the wetness and bacteria. the toe is swollen, but that is mostly from the crack in the bone, I believe. In a couple of weeks, I predict that she will as good as new.... hopefully!
No comments:
Post a Comment