The Johnsons are officially stitchless! I won't say forever because I know my children better than that, but hopefully for the foreseeable future, there will no more stitches.
We went back to the podiatrist today. I went prepared with "distractions." I have a good friend who is a child life specialist and told me to bring some things for her to look at and concentrate on instead of watching the stitches. She said that Leslie would cope better with her mind elsewhere. Well..... not exactly! When he came in, I brought out the book and.... NOPE! She wanted nothing to do with anything I brought. She hugged her daddy's arm and cried. I tried asking her what flavor ice cream she wanted when we left.... nothing. I asked what present she wanted to buy her friend for this weekend's birthday party.... nothing. All she wanted was her daddy (which Del thoroughly enjoyed). When Dr. Toups was done, she looked up, stopped crying, and asked him when she could go swimming again.
She has to wear her surgical shoe for another week, and she can only take showers - her foot can get wet now, but he doesn't want it to "soak." He gave her the all clear for swimming in a week and gymnastics when the fall session starts in two weeks. He wants to see her again in a month; by then he thinks she'll be 100%.
Of course, we had to bring our stitches home in an envelope to give to "The Stitch Fairy." When Leslie got her chin stitches out a month ago, Dr. Brown (who has young children as well) told her that the stitch fairy would come and leave her money if she left the stitches under her pillow. So how much is 12 stitches worth? Del said $12, but I think that is a lot of money for a 4 year old to comprehend. Plus, she would just want to go to the Dollar Store and buy 12 trinkets (aka things that will get left in my car or stepped on a broken). Maybe $2.... I think she got $1 for her 5 chin stitches, so that should be about right. To Leslie, money is money.... a penny is the same thing as a quarter.
Lacie is great. She's not very excited about school starting back next week. She has enjoyed staying up late and sleeping late. We have a birthday party tomorrow and a playdate with one of the girls' favorite school friends Sunday, so they are excited about this weekend. Maybe we can make it through this one with no casualties!
South Bossier Kid Fit
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment