Friday, August 1, 2008

Beach Trip


We took our annual Byrd/Johnson Family Vacation to the beach during the last week of June. Since I hadn't started my blog yet, I thought I would post about it now....

We've been taking the girls to the beach in Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, Alabama, with this same couple every year since the girls were 18 months old. It is amazing to see how much they've grown each year. This was by far the best year yet. The girls became more comfortable with the ocean and were happy playing in the waves on the edge of the sand for hours. The one day we managed to get them to let Del carry them out into the ocean, Leslie got stung by a jellyfish. Unfortunately, she was not ocean-friendly after that. Maybe next year.

Here are a couple of other beach shots:


Me and my precious girls!

The Johnson/Byrd families

We've decided to try Destin next year instead of Orange Beach, but hopefully this beach tradition will be one we continue well into the girls' teen years. Our families are close, and it is always a great time!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena