Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I Have Protectors

This is a random conversation I had with the girls today on the way home from gymnastics.

Leslie: Mom, why doesn't Hannah have a mom?
Me: Who's Hannah?
Leslie: Hannah Montana. It's only her, her dad, and Jackson.
Me: Her mom is in heaven. (On the show, Hannah's mom is played by Brooke Shields who comes every now and then to give advice, although I don't recall it ever mentioning how she died.)
Leslie: (shocked) Why?
Lacie: Coz she went out of the country without nobody and bad guys killed her. (sidenote: I don't think this is how HM's mom died... my children are just overly dramatic)
Me: I don't know how she died and went to heaven, but you girls don't have anything to worry about. Mommy's not going anywhere.
Leslie: Well, mom, if you ever go on a 'venture out of the country, would you take me with you? (dramatic pause) coz I know .... kung fu. (imagine karate hand motions here)
Lacie: No, if she ran into a bear then Daddy would have a gun.
Leslie: Guns don't kill bears; kung fu does. and I would protect her with my kung fu.

At this point, I drove home wondering how we got on this tangent..... but it's nice to know that if I decide go out of the country - on a "venture" where I might run into a bear - that I have some protection!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena