Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Special Time

Every night when the girls go to bed, we have a routine that we call "special time". Del and I take turns laying with each child and we talk about the day. We always ask them what their favorite part of the day was, we cuddle, and we hug and kiss goodnight. When the timer goes off (yes, we have a timer.... otherwise we have arguments about who got longer), we switch and repeat the process. It always take a good 10 minutes, but it is usually our favorite time of the day.
As are most things where Del is involved, it also leads to some silly playtime. Tonight was no exception. Somehow Lacie decided that she needed to make her daddy "Captain Diaperhead." I have absolutely no idea where this came from, but she was very insistent on putting a pair of her panties(yes, they were clean) on top of her daddy's head. She needed Leslie's help to make it fit, and the laughter ensued. I persuaded Del to let me take a picture before he took it off:
During Leslie's special time, she had a Dr. Seuss book, There's a Wocket in My Pocket. She made us read a line and she would repeat it... so she was "reading."
Our timer is Del's IPod Touch, which the girls see as forbidden fruit. Because it's their daddy's and he doesn't let them play with it, it is a spot of contention every single night. When the timer sounds, Lacie has been known to scramble out of her bed, grab the "I-Pot" (as she calls it), and scramble under her bed to try to get it. Since I had the camera for special time, Daddy let her take a picture with it tonight.
I don't know how old they will be when they decide they no longer want special time, but until then, we will cherish it....

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena