Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Big L, Little L... What Begins With L?

Tonight, the girls had "homework." They each had to come up with "L" words and bring then to school tomorrow. So we set out with a sheet of paper. As you can see, on Lacie's homework, she drew a lollipop and drew her teacher, Ms. Edie, licking the lollipop. I know they are getting bigger because her handwriting is getting so much neater. Plus, when she drew her teacher licking the lollipop, she actually drew a tongue sticking out of her mouth, and instead of drawing sticks for just the arms, she added hands and fingers.... Now, don't count the fingers. Each hand has at least seven, but I still think that's progress.
A close up:
Leslie came up with a list of L words, all of which I had to tell her how to spell, and she wrote them on her paper. What were Leslie's words? Lick, lollipop, lamb, llama, love, and lion. The funniest part was when I was telling her how to spell lamb. I said, "L... A... M... B." Each time she wrote a letter. When she was done, I said, "OK. What's next?" Leslie wrote down the letters O and K on her paper.... Apparently, that's part of lamb. We scratched them out.
A closeup of Leslie's (it's harder to read because she opted for pencil):
I know they won't stay this eager about homework forever, but it's nice right now. Oh, and a side note! Tonight at special time, when I asked Lacie what her favorite part of today was.... Her answer? "When you drove me to school." and she snuggled up to me and gave me a kiss. I love my children!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena