I know it's been a while since I've blogged, but we've had quite an eventful summer! For starters, Lacie and Leslie have been on the Elks Club Swim Team! When the summer started, they could just barely swim from me or Del to the side wall of the pool, but they have become quite the little swimmers. Now, they can swim all the way from one side of the pool to the other (the long way) in any depth of water! They love to jump off the diving board and swim to the ladder. This has been the first summer that I don't HAVE to get in when I take them swimming. I usually still get in to play with them, but there have been a few times where I have been lucky enough to read my book on the side of the pool!
Swim team does have its drawbacks: practice was every day, Monday through Friday at 7:30 IN THE MORNING! Luckily, the girls were on the team with their friends, so every now and then we would carpool to practice. Over the course of June, the girls really improved in their swimming. During the 1st meet, they were both nearly 1:40 in the 25 meter freestyle race - complete with holding the lane rope during the swim. Eventually they made it much closer to the minute mark! I always think it's neat how the girls switch off at what they are good at; Lacie usually beat Leslie in the freestyle races, but Leslie beat Lacie in backstroke. They were still usually coming in last in their heats at the swim meets, but they were the only first-year swimmers in their age groups who were competing, so I think they did great!
Here are a few pics from one of their swim meets:
This one is of Leslie getting ready to swim the backstroke.
Lacie swimming freestyle. One of my favorite things was her expression! Everytime they would come up for a breath, they had the biggest grins on their faces- they loved to hear people cheering them on!
Leslie swimming backstroke
No comments:
Post a Comment