Friday, November 28, 2008

Craft Time = Fun Time... or Does It???

We had a pretty busy day yesterday! Thanksgiving started with brunch with Del's family. I made a sausage and egg breakfast casserole and a hash brown casserole, and they came over that morning for breakfast. We went to my parents' house that afternoon for an early dinner, where I was responsible for the dressing. So after eating all day, the girls and I came home to assemble a gingerbread house. I had visions of this neat mother-daughter craft experience...... needless to say, we will NOT attempt to make a gingerbread house again in foreseeable future. You can see from the pictures how much of a group effort it was. It really consisted of me working on it by myself with Lacie and Leslie coming in every 5 minutes or so to put on a piece of candy or stick their fingers in the icing. The baggie that was supposed to pipe the icing on broke about halfway through, so we had to improvise, and the girls kept eating pieces of the candy. You can see from the finished product that we aren't very crafty people in the Johnson household.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena